Regan and I made this gingerbread house our 1st Christmas together. I couldn't bring myself to throw it away so it has been up on the shelf in my old bedroom at my parents house since. It's the Grinch and Skye is all about the Grinch right now, so I brought it home for her to see it. She will just sit a stare at it. I can tell she wants to touch it so bad but she doesn't. I told her that it was fragile and would break if she touched it. It's very fragile. It is 8 years old and I'm sure that is well past a gingerbread houses' life span. However, I knew that if I brought it home it wouldn't survive. So I took a picture to remember it by and I'm so glad I did because my visiting teachers were here with their kids this morning and a toy hit it and broke the sign. I love looking at it. It brings back so many memories of our 1st Christmas together. I was so crazy in love with him. Not that I'm not in love with him now but then...I was completely infatuated with him. It was the on top of the world, cloud nine love. We have been through A LOT together since and now it's a much deeper love. This Christmas we are very blessed to have 2 miracles to enjoy it with. I would have never imagined 8 years ago the roads we would take to get where we are today and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else by my side through it all.
I can't believe you have had it for 8 YEARS!!! We have moved 8 times in 6 years and I don't think I own one thing that we started together with,lol:) Very sweet post, isn't it awesome how time make life and love that much better:) Alos your family pics are So cute!
ReplyDeleteYou owe me for making you go to Hawaii! ...Your welcome!
ReplyDeleteKatie I knew we were friends for a reason.LOL!!
ReplyDelete