Last night we had the Thompson Christmas party. I love this party! I look forward to it each year. It was the usual people there (our family, Cheryl's family and Rod & Sue's family). We had it at a church this year instead of someones house. Which we haven't done since we had the party with my grandparents and all of the cousins when I was little. We ate and then Santa came. Santa sang some songs with the kids and then they all climbed on his knee. There was even a few adults that got a turn to sit on his lap. This was Skye's 5th time seeing Santa clause this year. She has got her list down pretty good. She always starts off with an IXL, then the Pooping dog and then the trip to Hawaii. Last night though she added a pillow pet. Looks like Santa may need to do some last minute shopping. Jordyn loves Santa from a distance. At Beaver she was saying HO-HO-HO and doing her squeal laugh, until I tried to put her on his knee. Then she freaked out. Last night she was saying HO-HO-HO but was clinching on my shoulder pretty hard. I wanted a picture of her on his lap even if she was screaming so I made my mom put her on there. It didn't go over too good. I remember Skye just looked at him funny an never cried. They have such different personalities. After Santa left, we played the gift game which is kind of drama. It's not a very kid friendly game. There is always a kid that ends up crying because they don't like what they opened. But that doesn't stop the adults from wanting to play it each year. I think we need to bring back the paper bag game. I miss watching Cheryl face plant to the floor. Aside from my mom spelling the beans(literally), the party was a success and we had a great time, full of great memories.
{Summer to Winter}
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment