Regan and I have been getting ready to go back on the adoption register. I was going to wait until after Hawaii so that we would have some fun family pictures to put in our profile. However we don't have an agency or our records so that's not going to be happening. A while back I seen on the news that they were not getting enough donations and might have to close their doors. I figured if they did, that they would at least contact me saying that they were going to. My mom's friend has a girl that she works with that was wanting to go through Children's Aid. They told her to come back after she had been married a year. She called and got a message saying that the line was disconnected. She then emailed them and got a response saying that they weren't placing babies anymore but are keeping the records they have on file. I still didn't think anything of it. I figured that meant that they would still have me on file and if they couldn't help place a baby then I could just transfer my records to another agency. Last week I was talking to my mom's friend and she was saying how I should just call down and see about my records and $8000.00. So I finally called and got the same message saying that the line was disconnected. I used to have my caseworkers cell phone number in my phone but I don't anymore and I don't have it written down anywhere. So, I emailed them asking about my records and the money. That was a week ago and I still haven't heard anything. I'm assuming that it means I'm out of an adoption and $8,000.00. That money would have came in handy for another in-vitro. Oh well...Plan B it is. Let's just hope my snow babies thaw out and make another Jordyn!!!!
I love them both!!!! lets have a snowbaby party to get ready! lol
ReplyDeleteI think I would research that a little more....$8000 is so much money to just give up on.....Makes ya sick that they could be that dishonest and just take your money like that!
ReplyDeleteThey aren't being dishonest. I signed a paper that said that it was non-refundable if you opt out or get a baby through other means(pregnant). They were actually doing me a favor by putting me on hold instead of just removing me, which they could have. I was supprised when i got pregnant with Jordyn and they said that I could be put on hold. It just sucks that I can't get in contact with them to have them transfer my records
ReplyDeleteI would get a lawyer, there is no way that they can just be gone without any retribution. Good luck!:)
ReplyDeleteWhat the??? And how can you just "oh well" the 8 grand away???? Anyways good luck on plan b!
ReplyDelete