Thursday, January 27, 2011

Maui--Day 5 (Whale Watching & a drive up north)

This was the highlight of my trip!!! The only word that I can think of to describe watching these whale so close up is...MAJESTIC!!! As corny as that sounds. It was incredible!!! There were 3 of them, a mother, a baby and an escort(a male wanting to mate with the female). They came within a 100 yards of the boat. at 1st they just swam around lifting a fin and I was soooo wanting one to breech or lift their tail. There wasn't very many people on our boat thankfully and most everyone stayed up on the top deck. So I basically just walked around the boat taking pictures of them. I was talking to one of the guys that worked on the boat about how I was wanting one to breech. He told me that he had never seen one breech close to a boat. So I was bummed but went back to watching. I was able to snag a couple of tail pics so I was happy with what I got and put my camera down to just enjoy the whales for a bit. And of coarse as soon as I took the camera away from my eye the baby whale breeched. By the time I got it back up it had already landed. I was really bummed!!! I kept the camera to my face hoping that maybe it would breech again. It did!!! I was able to get the take off and landing. If I would've double checked my settings on my camera I would have been able to get the whole thing, but at least I got part of it. Sheri was asking me if I got it and I was telling her about it and just then the little bugger breeched again. I again was too late for that one. I couldn't believe that we were able to see it breech that close 3 times. Poor Jordyn came down with a fever while we were whale watching and it ended up lasting for 2 days. I still don't know what in the heck it was from. She had a little runny nose the day before but nothing after that. She was pretty miserable for those couple of days. I hate fevers!!! They scared the crap out of me.
This post is a lot of scenic pictures that will probably be boring to most of you but I had to put all of them on here because they all make me feel good and remind me of how amazing that day was for me.




The 3 of them

Coming up for a peek







The Breech




I can tell by looking at Regan's face, that he has the grits. He always gets them when he plays with the skin on our arms.

Jordyn's unconditional love for me. I love that she loves me so much, even though it can get a little tiring at times.

After whale watching we drove up north to see some more of the island. It was so pretty. These pictures don't do it justice.












We made it back to the hotel just in time for the sunset


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had so much fun...and so pretty! I know all your photos make me want to learn. One of these days, when my life slows down a little.

    ReplyDelete