Sunday, January 23, 2011

Maui 2011---Day 1

I retract any negative statements that I have ever said about Maui. In January it is a totally different island than in July. It's amazing!!! It's gorgeous and there are whales everywhere. The temperature was between 80-85 degrees the entire time. It was one of my favorite vacations. We had so much fun!!! I was very nervous about the flight with Jordyn being Jordyn but she actually did pretty good. She had one big fit when we were descending into L.A. She was screaming and throwing her body around. It was pretty embarrassing and to top it off we were in a little plane and in the very back where the flight attendant sat and talked on the intercom. So when she was trying to give her little spill at the end of the flight, all anyone could hear was Jordyn screaming. The next flight was a big 5 hour flight but I dosed her with Benadryl and she slept 3 out of the 5 hours. On the descent we gave her some Pop Rocks candy and that kept her quite content. Coming home we flew through the night and both girls slept the whole way home. I took a TON of pictures(over 2000) so I'm going to break up the trip in a bunch of different posts. These pictures are of the 1st day that we arrived in Maui
Jordyn enjoying her Pop Rocks
The Hotel greeted us at the airport with lays
I wasn't expecting the kids to get wet, or else I would have put on their suits


Jordyn loved the waves. She would giggle every time one would crash
Jordyn's footprints
Waiting for a wave
It's not very often that I can get a picture of Jordyn with her dad. Usually she won't go near him if I'm around

1 comment: