After Jordyn was born, Skye started acting out towards me. So I decided that 1 day a month I would take Skye out for a mommy daughter day, just the 2 of us. It really helped. For the next few days following our little date she would mind better and be totally different kid. When summer came we stopped doing it. Probably because she was MIA all summer playing with the neighbor kids. Now that it's getting to be cold again and we are stuck in the house together day in and day out. We are starting to lock horns again. So I decided that mommy daughter day needed to come back. I am going to try really hard to stick with it. I have decided that the 21st of each month is going to be our day and when Jordyn gets a little older the 6th will be her day with mom (their birthdays). Since the 21st lands on a Sunday this month we decided to do it today. For our date we went to the movie Toy Story 3. It was such a cute movie and Skye loved it. She sat on the edge of her seat the whole time until the scary parts then she climbed up on my lap. She kept saying through out the movie that she wish she had a Jesse doll. So yes, I of course had to take her to Walmart after so she could get one. She was so excited when I told her we were going to get one. She said to me. "I'll take such good care of her. You're the nicest mommy in the whole world!" It was hard not to buy her all of the characters after that comment, LOL!!. I hope I can do good at sticking with it. I loved the one on one times with my mom, being the only girl and I want my girls to have memories of just me & them one on one.


These pictures are a little too close & not very flattering. My nose looks 3' long.

Skye on the edge of her seat
So Cute!! Your a good Mom!!!!!!
ReplyDelete