Last week I went over to Bear Lake to help Heather with Rasberry days. It was actually kind of fun. They had a bunch of cute things there. My mom came over the 1st day with the girls and left with a new frog for Skye. Yes, we have a frog named George now. He will not eat. I think he has an eating disorder. I give him 2 weeks and he'll be belly up. If frogs do that. Heather was trading like crazy to all of the other booths that had bows, umbrellas and petti skirts for taking pictures. We have a bit of an addiction when it comes to props for pictures. The second day was interesting. It started off as a nice warm day. Then at about 6:00p.m. There was a huge wind storm that came in. The lady next to us flew with her tent/booth into her car. Cinder blocks were lifting off of the ground like they weighed nothing. Then sirens started going off. Not police or emergency vehicle sirens but city alarm sirens. Like on war shows when they are about to get bombed or if there is a tornado. Then this lady came up to me and yelled "RUN TO YOUR CAR...THERE'S a TORNADO!" I couldn't find where Heather was. At this point I was a little scared. Then Heather came around the corner and I told her what the lady said. So we ran like mad to the car. We called our husbands but they didn't seem to think it was as serious as us. We drove home, still a little amped up on adrenaline. The next day Heather went back to Rasberry Days for the final day and was told that there really was a tornado or a funnel cloud. People were taking pictures of it. CRAZY!!! What an experience and here I always thought that a craft show was boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment