Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Tribute To A Very Special Birth Mother

I just watched some home videos of Skye when she was a baby. When I was watching the video of her birth, I fell apart. All of the emotions of that day came flooding back to me. Watching Kim hand her baby to me so unselfishly. I think I appreciate what she did for me even more now that I have experienced both sides. Kim, if you're reading this. YOU SAVED ME!!! I was so deep in depression before you gave me such a unique, wonderful, amazing gift. The 3 years prior to meeting you are a blurr. I was on auto piolet. The only thing I can remember about that time in my life is the anger and pain that I felt. I know with out a shadow of a doubt that we knew each other in the pre existence. That we both agreed to this journey. I felt it the day I met you down at Children's Aid and again in the temple, the day that we were sealed to Skye. I have never in my life felt the spirit so strong as I did those two days! It was though Heavenly Father had is hand on my shoulder telling me that this was his plan for us. Kim, I know there is no way I could ever thank you enough for what you have done for me but I want you to know that I think of you and what you have done for me daily. There is not a day that goes bye that I don't think of you. Whether it is because I see a look of you in Skye or when I hold and cuddle her. Even when I am punishing her. I think of you and wonder if you would approve of the way I am handling it. We are all blessed to have you in our lives but I really think that I'm the one that needed you most. I needed you to be a part of my life. I can just feel it. The love a respect that I have for you is indescribable. I can't wait for the day when we will know the whole story to our special bond. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!! For giving me such an amazing, wonderful, beautiful, sweet little girl.



6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful insight to your story...it gave me chills and I can feel the love you have for your daughter and for Kim. So sweet.
    Makaylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me cry so early in the morning. I too am greatful for Kim. I couldn't imagine our lives without Skye in them. She is such a sweetheart! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy, I barely know you, yet I think you are one of the greatest out there. You really are intune and respect and appreciate all that you have. I admire you and am grateful that I am getting to know such a great person. You truly are blessed to have such a wonderful family and I know that you KNOW it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh...Rue...Totally sobbing. What a beautiful tribute. We love Skye so much too and can't imagine life without her. We are grateful for Kim too. What a sacrifice for her and a blessing for you and Reg. The pic with you crying just keeps messing with my emotions. Love that pic. I can only imagine your feelings. Great journal entry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Manders you got me crying too. What a beautiful tribute to Kim. She is an amazing person and I dont even know her. Skye could not have gone to a better family and be loved more by anyone else. She is such a cutie and I am glad she is part of the family. Thank you Kim. These are awesome pictures, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mandy, Mandy Mandy!!! wow that was beautiful, I love that little girl so much! How board we would be with out her. She makes me laugh and melts my heart all at the same time. Kim is an amazing women. We have never met but I think if we did I would hug her and bawl and thank her. She Gave us ALL such a amazing gift


    Love ya

    ReplyDelete