Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cabin with the Darley's

We went up to the cabin this last weekend with the Darley family A.K.A my polygamous family. We joke that Erica and I are sister wives because me and my girls are always tagging along with them to lunch, dinner, ect... when Regan is away.
We had a great time!! We went swimming on Saturday. I was bummed because I had left my camera back at the cabin and it was free swim day so they had this HUGE blow-up slide that the kids could go down. At the bottom of the slide was a pool of FREEZING cold water. It was so cold that me feet were aching just standing in the water that had spilled out. So I was a little shocked that when Skye went down the slide and into that freezing water that she would want to go again. She loved it! Cooper...Not so much. He got turned sideways half way down the slide and had a look of terror in his eyes. I really wish I had my camera. It was hilarious. He hit the water and started crying. His lips were blue for like 2 hours after. Skye went down it 2 times then  I made her stop and go get in the pool to warm up. I was worried about hypothermia. Later that night Regan cooked us up some dutch oven. We put the kids down somewhat early and watched a movie. On Sunday it was a little too cold for swimming so instead we tried to go for a hike up Parader Canyon. The water is so high right now that the trail got washed away so that put the kibosh on that idea. Jordyn wasn't exactly loving the pack anyway so it was probably a good thing we couldn't go far. After an eternity of letting the kids throw rocks in the water we went back and cleaned up to go home. We will definitely have to do more of these trips with the Darley's.




I don't know what Regan is doing in this picture. I think he is trying to get Jordyn to smile.


Daddy with his girls. Ladd and Cooper in the background

Skye strikin' one of her poses

Cooper and Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment