I had a vision when I took these pictures that they would be in black and white and show all of the emotions. I did an alright job of capturing the emotions and the pictures telling the story but I did a terrible job at taking the pictures. I have to say, I am very disappointed in my photography here!!! The lighting was crazy in that room. It would be bright in one area of the room and dark in other areas. I can't tell you how many times I flipped back and forth on shutter speeds and apertures. It was a LOT harder than I thought it would be. So the pictures are way too noisy for my liking and over/underexposed. Not to mention that I was a little nervous and shaky. I wish I was better at photoshop so that I could clean them up better but I'm not a "photoshopographer" and with these pics I'm not sure I can call myself a photographer. However, I like the story they tell.
This is why I love to watch a baby be born....
| After hearing that she is ready to start pushing |
![]() |
| I remember trying to hurry to get this pic before she moved. I hurried a little too fast and made it blurry |
![]() |
| Crew Michael Thompson |
![]() |
| Hey Jen, why are you embarrassed...heheheee!! |
![]() |
| Becca in charge of the video camera |
![]() |
| I can only imagine how the mother feels seeing her daughter bring a baby into the world |
![]() |
| I was about to erase this pic because it was so badly over exposed but then decided to just try it in BW and ended up really liking the dramatic effect it gives |
Jen and Britt, I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate that you would let me be a part of the births. It means so much to me!!!! Like I have said before in previous post. I am so lucky to have the sister-in-laws that I have. My sister-in-laws are some of my best friends. How lucky am I to be able to have best friends as sister-in-laws????? Sorry I didn't get you better pictures Jen. I'll get some good ones of him with that awesome hair...Just wait. (He has a fro of long dark hair)


























I loves the pics!!!!! I think you captured some really incredible moments. I too LOVE babies being born. I have only attended my own but I have thought about becoming a Doula. There is nothing more incredible than being a part of a child coming into this world, it's spiritual and magical. So I totally get it!!!!!! Again I loved the pics!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures. They tell a great story. I love seeing Matt and his love and concern. It makes me want to experience that again. I miss that time. I hope Crew will be okay. What a great experience you shared.
ReplyDeleteThose are amazing!!! I love all the moments you caught and wish you could have been there for mine. They made me cry because they were so at the moment and then bawl because I will never experience that again for myself. VERY good I didn't see anything wrong with them. and Jen you look so beautiful I cant believe how good you look!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. These turned out awesome. So glad you could be there taking these. It totally captures a moment I never want to forget. OK, so now I AM CRYING.....Love you too and am so glad you were there. I have to get a disk of these.
ReplyDeleteI LOVED all of this Mandy!!!!! I have to admit it is the first time I've felt the little ting that maybe I'm really not done having babies.......good job. Thanks a lot girl :)
ReplyDeleteBeautifully done!